2 Ingredient Strawberry Popcorn
Who doesn’t like a change of pace? While I love simplicity, I also appreciate mixing things up a little. For example, I love popcorn in it’s most purest form. I could eat it every day. But, sometimes it’s fun to put a twist on classics. If you’re looking for that same fun twist, than you’ll love this 2 Ingredient Strawberry Popcorn!
Stop! 2 Ingredients? Yes!
Yes, that’s right, you heard me correctly. This recipe is only 2 ingredients. Pretty fabulous, right? Want some even better news? This recipe seriously takes about 3 minutes to make. AND it’s a perfect recipe for little hands to help you make. You know I love that. So what are these ingredients? The first is…..drumroll please….popcorn! Wait, that wasn’t a surprise, was it? Ha! Ok maybe you won’t get the second one….drumroll again…strawberries! Oh, that didn’t surprise you either? Well, these are special strawberries. Special? Yes!
Freeze Dried Fruit
Have you tried freeze dried fruit? It’s AWESOME and magical and fun! And that’s what makes the strawberries in this recipe special – they’re freeze dried. That makes pulverizing them into a fine powder super simple. And that powder means you’ll get strawberry goodness in EVERY SINGLE BITE of this 2 Ingredient Strawberry Popcorn. Yahoo!
Money, Money, Money
Yes, I realize that freeze dried fruit is a little more expensive than the dried stuff, but my argument is that you use it for fun and special uses such as this one. Plus, you’ll notice that freeze dried fruit packs powerful fruit flavor. That means a little goes a long way. Case in point, you’ll only use 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries to make 3 cups of popcorn! Awesome, right?
Popcorn Your Way
Don’t like strawberries? That’s ok (but why, seriously, why?), you can do make this recipe with any freeze dried fruit! From blueberries to mango, there are so many great options. And when you’re done, why not turn it into trail mix? That’s what I did! After mixing the popcorn, simply toss in some nuts, mini chocolate chips and coconut. Perfect for a 3pm snack! Or anytime really.
Your turn! Come back after you’ve tried this recipe and and tell me what you think! Bon Appetit!Print
Why not jazz up your popcorn with a little color and flavor? And why not do it the natural way? Try this simple recipe for 2 Ingredient Strawberry Popcorn!
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 3 cups air popped popcorn
- Place the freeze dried strawberries in a re-sealable plastic bag. Seal the bag, removing as much air as you can. Use a rolling pin to crush the strawberries into powder.
- Add the popcorn to the bag and shake to combine.
- Done! 🙂 Or add some other goodies to make a trail mix!
- Substitute blueberries, mango, raspberries or other fruit for the strawberries.
- You can buy popcorn, just make sure you choose one with an ingredient list that includes just popcorn kernels and oil (and maybe a little salt). 🙂
- Turn it into a trail mix by adding your favorite nuts, seeds, coconut or mini chocolate chips.