Traditional potato salad with a punch of bacon and chives. You can’t beat this easy-to-make Bacon Chive Potato Salad!
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooled bacon fat
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 large stalk celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water by 1 inch. Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, partially cover and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or until fork tender. Take pot off of heat and drain. Allow to cool slightly. At this point you can remove the skins or, for nutrition-sake, keep them on! 🙂 Dice the potatoes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the bacon fat, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and mustard. Add the celery and fresh chives, along with the diced potatoes and bacon. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional chives, if desired.
- Feel free to omit the bacon fat in the dressing.
- I like to use olive oil mayonnaise, but any type of mayonnaise will work.
- Category: Salads