Pancakes are delicious! But Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes are even more delicious! Light and fluffy, yet full of pumpkin flavor, these are sure to become a household favorite!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk*
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, oil and brown sugar. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Heat a large non-stick pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Once hot, spray with non-stick cooking spray and drop pancakes onto hot pan using a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Cook on the first side until batter begins to bubble, then flip and cook the other side an additional 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
*To make buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon distilled vinegar to a 2 cup measuring cup. Add milk to make 1 3/4 cup.
If you don’t have almond flour, you can replace it with an equal amount of any other type of flour.