Delicious Candy Bar Cupcakes
Does it seem like I only make dessert recipes these days? Why, oh why am I making these Candy Bar Cupcakes? I’ll fill you in a little secret…it’s because I’ve eaten too many tacos!
Too Many Tacos?
Is that even possible? Yes, people, I’m here to tell you that it is. I know, I never thought I’d say that either, but here’s the #truth! I’ve been eating (and forcing my husband and little sous chef) to eat tacos EVERY DAY for the past 2 months! Oh my! It’s so bad that my little sous chef REFUSES to eat any more tacos. Oh no!!! Backfire! But here’s the deal, I’ve got a taco cookbook coming out next year (yay!) and my rough draft deadline was last Friday, so you see, I HAD to make tacos.
So to make up for all of those tacos I had to do something! Besides reassuring the little sous chef and my dear husband there would be ZERO tacos on the menu this week, I promised to make cupcakes. I never break a promise like that! And the best part about it? I enlisted the little sous chef to help!
Candy Bar Cupcakes
You can just imagine the look on her face when I said we were making Candy Bar Cupcakes. Her jaw literally dropped and her eyes popped out of her head! “Oh dear, what have I done?” was all I could think! But a promise is a promise and I wasn’t about to break it. So we set forth, making these cupcakes and honestly, I was impressed with how well she did. Normally she’s got the following phrase on repeat, “can I have a bite? can I try it now?” For real, it’s enough to drive a sane person crazy. But, she waited and she measured and she stirred and she was REWARDED! 🙂
And now, the Recipe!
Hungry yet? I thought so! These Candy Bar Cupcakes have the seal of a approval from the little sous chef, so you know they’re good! So why not give these cupcakes a try and while you’re at it, let me know what candy bar you plan on using in the comments below!!! Please be advised that ALL candy bars taste great here! Want more cupcakes? Try my Toasted Coconut Cupcakes too!
Because every good cupcake deserves icing made with candy bars! Candy Bar Cupcakes!
For the cupcakes:
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) all purpose flour (or half AP and half white whole wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk (I like whole or 2%), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (101 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
For the frosting:
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch Kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped candy bar of your choice!
for the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350’F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In separate, smaller bowl, combine the milk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter on high speed until creamy and smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl, for about 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, beat well. Add 1/3 of the milk mixture and beat well. Repeat the process with remaining flour and milk.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack. Cool completely before icing.
For the frosting:
- In large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the confectioner’s sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add the vanilla and salt. Then add the milk as needed to achieve desired consistency. Mix in the candy pieces.
- Frost cupcakes and then top with any extra candy pieces.
To warm up eggs quickly, set them in a bowl of warm water!