Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing
Chickpeas are your new best friend…
Why? Because they are awesome for you nutritionally (high in fiber, plenty of amazing vitamins and minerals, vegetarian protein, etc) and they taste great so many different ways.
Think I’m just pulling a crazy dietitian stunt on you?
No way! I love tasty food just as much, if not more, than you do. I would never recommend a food that I didn’t deem “tasty.” Now way!
But why chickpeas Sara?
Chickpeas are the underdog in the bean world seeming to only really be appreciated for their necessity in making hummus. Boo to that I say! Chickpeas belong front and center and here’s just the dish that does that.
Meet my Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing!
This salad is booming with flavor and it’s not only craveable, it’s addicting. Nothing beats lots of fresh parsley and lemon and when you add in creamy tahini, you’ve got a dressing that really shines.
So here you go my friends, my Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing!
And here are the pretty pictures:
A refreshing, yet hearty salad made with chickpeas, bell peppers, parsley all tossed in a tangy lemon-tahini dressing.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1cup)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In the bottom of a mixing bowl whisk together the garlic, tahini, lemon juice and honey. Add the olive oil and continue whisking until combined, then add the water. Toss in the chickpeas, bell pepper, red onion and parsley and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Makes about 3 cups
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 237
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 0