This is tasty
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons butter (or vegetable oil, coconut oil, etc)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried bananas, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (bonus if you can find dark chocolate chips!)
- Preheat oven to 325’F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the oats, nuts, cinnamon and salt to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Melt the butter and honey in a small saucepot over low heat. Take off from the heat, whisk in the vanilla, then pour over the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, making sure oat mixture is well coated.
- Spread the oat mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer and bake about 20-25 minutes or until golden, rotating pan once halfway through baking time.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, break into clumps and add bananas and chocolate chips.
- Cool completely before storing.
Use a well-sealed container for keeping the granola fresh.
Use within 1 week.