Easy Roasted Root Vegetables
Listen, things are busy around here, so I’m not going to write a long-winded post. For some reason I feel you’re not sad about that. And honestly, I’m cool with that. I simply want to bring you this awesome recipe so that you have it in time for the holidays. So here it is, my recipe Easy Roasted Root Vegetables!
But first, just a few things!
Wow! You didn’t really think I wasn’t going to chat about anything, did you? I just can’t help myself! But in all seriousness, you need these roasted root vegetables in your life. Want to know why? I thought so. And because of that I came up with a few reasons you need to make this recipe!
The Reasons To Make Easy Roasted Root Vegetables
Reason 1: Cooking vegetables is a lost art. But it’s one you can easily master with this simple recipe.
Reason 2: YOU DON’T EAT ENOUGH VEGETABLES!
Reason 3: Your kids will entertain the thought of eating these vegetables because they are endorsed by celebrity athletes.*
Reason 4: Roasted veggies taste freaking amazing and you’ll wonder why you eat them any other way.
Reason 5: Um, it’s freaking SIMPLE to make these.
*This statement is absolutely not true. But will your kids really know that?
Just Do It!
So, now you’ve got all the reasons to make these veggies and I’m sure you love them all. Now it’s time to whip up your own batch and let me know what you think! Drop your comments below and happy cooking!
The ultimate veggie side dish is here! Easy Roasted Root Vegetables are the perfect compliment to almost any winter meal!
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into large dice
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into large dice
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into large dice
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into large dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3–4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425’F and line a large baking sheet with foil. Coat pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl along with the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat the veggies in oil.
- Spread the vegetables out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Nestle the sprigs of thyme throughout.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stir once, then cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove thyme branches (the leaves should now be happily living among the veggies) and serve!