Mexican Hot Chocolate Yogurt with Berries
There’s something so incredibly delicious about Mexican hot chocolate. If you’ve never had it, you must try it. At first all you taste is delicious, creamy chocolate and then, something special happens – a kick of heat. Oh yeah. It’s unexpectedly tasty and leaves you wanting another sip. That hot chocolate is great, but when it’s summer, I’m not in the mood for hot beverages. How else, then, could I celebrate those flavors? Well, through yogurt, of course – with this Mexican Hot Chocolate Yogurt with Berries.
And Mexican Hot Chocolate Yogurt is Simple to Make:
Greek Yogurt + Spices + Berries + Dark Chocolate + Pepitas
The Benefit Breakdown:
This bowl has benefits!
- It’s satisfying! Greek yogurt is loaded with hunger-pang-curing protein. It’s also got the added benefit of a creamy, rich mouthful which makes it feel pretty darn satisfying.
- It’s an antioxidant powerhouse! Those spices, dark chocolate and berries not only taste good, they’re also loaded with a variety of antioxidants, all of which work in different ways to keep your body healthy and functioning at it’s best.
- It includes a serving of fruit! Many of us struggle with fitting in enough servings of fruit each day. This bowl makes it easy by including a whole serving’s worth of fruit!
And now, the Pretty Pictures and Recipe:Print
- 4 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped, dark chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon toasted pepitas
- 1/2 cup sliced, fresh strawberries (or 1/2 cup fresh raspberries)
- To a bowl, add the Greek yogurt, honey, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Mix well to combine. Top yogurt with dark chocolate, pepitas and sliced strawberries.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 18
- Sodium: 55
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 16