A hearty soup made with earthy, robust red curry paste, fresh vegetables and quinoa.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced (about 3/4 cup chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced (about 1 1/2 cups chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Sea or Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a pot set over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper and sweet potato and cook, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, curry paste and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the quinoa and cook 1 minute more. Stir in the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and quinoa is cooked.
- Remove from heat and add the lime juice. Season with salt to taste and garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
- Cut the potatoes into half-inch cubes, this helps them to cook more quickly. And don’t worry if they’re not exactly a half-inch, just about that size is perfect! 🙂
- Portion is a generous 1 cup.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 637
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 0