Shamrock Smoothie Bowl
There are about a million corny ways I considered starting this post. But I restrained myself from St. Patrick puns. Instead, I wanted tell you a little secret, Shamrock Smoothies and Shamrock Smoothie Bowls are usually pretty gross. (I mean, matcha is great, but please don’t put in my shamrock beverage.) Except this one. This one is actually tasty and is actually good for you. That’s a pot of gold if you ask me! Okay, I couldn’t help it!
I wasn’t going to do it.
I really wasn’t. I figured there are about 1 million blog posts dedicated to shamrock shake imposters like mine, why add to the chaos? To be honest, I’m still not sure why I made this recipe. But truth be told, I’m actually really glad that I did. Not because I think it really adds something special to the myriads of smoothie recipes out there, but because it actually tastes good. And I’m all about food tasting good.
Get lucky! Make this Shamrock Smoothie Bowl!
Alright, all St. Patrick’s cliches aside, I really do think you should make this smoothie recipe. As I said, it’s tasty and is chock-full of nutrition. So yeah, it’s perfect as a snack or as a post-workout recovery drink. And who knows, maybe it will make you lucky. It’s always worth a shot!Print
A very lucky bowl indeed! Try this Shamrock Smoothie Bowl and feel as lucky as a leprechaun!
- ½ cup almond, oat or cow’s milk
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1–2 dried, pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ frozen banana, sliced
- ¼ avocado
- Toppings (optional): sliced banana, shaved chocolate, chopped almonds, chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth. For a super cold version, add a few ice cubes.
- Pour into a small bowl and garnish with your favorite toppings!