Who says you need lettuce for a salad? You don’t when you’ve got Brussels sprouts! Try this Shaved Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad!
For the Brussels sprouts
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, if desired
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400’F and cover a large baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Shred the Brussels sprouts using a knife or the shredding attachment of a food processor. Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl and add the onion, olive oil, salt and half of the black pepper and toss to combine. Spread mixture out evenly onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- While sprouts are cooking, make the dressing. In a small mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and black pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Remove roasted Brussels sprouts and onions from the oven and transfer to the large mixing bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Garnish with slivered almonds, feta cheese and lemon zest just before serving.
- Serving Size: 4 servings