The west coast doesn’t feel so far away when you sit down to enjoy this salad! Completely vegetarian and 100% satisfying and delicious!
For the chickpeas:
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 cups mixed baby lettuce (I like baby spinach and arugula)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved, if desired
- 1/2 cup toasted, lightly salted almonds
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, sliced in half
To cook the chickpeas:
- Preheat the oven to 400’F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray. Toss the chickpeas with the oil, salt and pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
To make the dressing:
- Place all of the ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, if you don’t have a food processor, finely chop the herbs and mince the garlic, then mix with yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
To make the salad:
- Place all of the ingredients, except the eggs, in a large serving bowl. Add the salad dressing and toss to combine. Portion salad into bowls and top with eggs and crispy chickpeas.