Dinner made EASY! Let this 6 Ingredient Slow Cooker Poblano Chicken be the answer to the question, “What’s for dinner?”
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, large dice
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (or a mixture of breasts and thighs)
- Position rack in oven 6 inches from the heating element and preheat the broiler.
- To a large bowl, add the onion, poblano and garlic. Add the oil and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Broil for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Add vegetables to a blender along with 1/4 cup water and puree until smooth. Use caution as hot foods release steam which increases pressure. Be sure food is cooled and that blender lid has a vent for steam to escape.
- Place the chicken in a 6 quart slow cooker, season with salt and pepper. Pour poblano sauce all over chicken. Cover with a lid and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Using two forks, pull chicken apart to shred. This can be done in the slow cooker.
- Enjoy chicken in tacos, on top of salads or in sandwiches!
This tastes great with a fresh squeeze of lime too. So go ahead and buy a few when you buy the other ingredients!