Arugula Salad with Apricots and Champagne Vinaigrette
It’s time to break out the salad bowl!
And it’s time to switch things up a bit. Yes, romaine is good and so are tomatoes and all of the other “usual” salad suspects, but why not try something new? What would you say to Arugula Salad with Apricots and Champagne Vinaigrette?
“That’s too fancy!” Is that perhaps your answer? I sure hope not because that’s just not true. Yes, it may sound fancy, but the ingredients are simple and the recipe is easy. See, not fancy at all!
My new salad obsession just happens to begin with my favorite green, baby arugula. There’s just something special about that little green leaf. It’s just so….spicy and interesting. And I like my food spicy and interesting! When you pair arugula with dried chopped apricots (for a little sweetness), sliced apples, pistachios, feta cheese and champagne vinaigrette, you’ve got a unique salad that is incredibly interesting (and nutritious).
So bust out that bowl and salad tongs and get mixing!
The Pretty Pictures of My Arugula Salad with Apricots and Champagne Vinaigrette:
Arugula tastes divine tossed with dried apricots, pistachios, fresh apple and a crisp champagne vinaigrette!
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 cups baby arugula, washed (2 ounces)
- 1/2 medium apple, cored and sliced into thin strips or julienned (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, diced (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pistachios, roughly chopped (1 ounce)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey and vinegar. Pour in the olive oil and whisk until combined. Stir in the dried thyme.
- To a large salad or mixing bowl, add the baby arugula along with the apple, apricots, feta cheese and pistachios. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Portion onto plates and enjoy!
- Make it meal! Just add sliced chicken or garbanzo beans.
- Recipe makes about 3 tablespoons dressing.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 171
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 8