Your BLT just got even more delicious with the addition of avocado and basil-infused mayonnaise! Prediction that dinner tonight will be Avocado BLT’s with Basil Mayo!
- 2 cups loosely packed basil, divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole-grain or sourdough bread, toasted*
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 8 slices center-cut bacon, cooked
- 1 large, ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 large leaves of lettuce (romaine works well)
- Slice 1 cup of the basil then place it in a small food processor along with the garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice and mayo. Pulse until combined.
- Spread mayo over toasted slices of bread. Arrange avocado, bacon, tomato, remaining basil and lettuce on four of the slices. Cover with remaining bread slices.
*You can also serve these as open-faced sandwiches as I’ve got pictured above! 🙂
*Feel free use turkey bacon instead of pork bacon, if interested
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: sandwiches
Keywords: blts, avocados, sandwiches, lunch, dinner idea