Avocado Cucumber Salad with Sesame Dressing
A girl can dream, can’t she? Well, that’s what I was doing when I came up with this Avocado Cucumber Salad with Sesame Dressing.
Salad of My Dreams
That’s exactly what this is! A few days ago I was sitting at my “desk,” which is actually my kitchen counter and I was dreaming of a salad. Something different. Something fun. But I didn’t want to have to go and buy any of the ingredients. Hmmmm, a challenge. I love a good challenge.
I had some veggies and other goodies in my fridge, but I didn’t want to use the obvious – hello kale and spinach, I’m talking to you. I wanted to come up with something that didn’t involve leaves leafy greens. After a second quick sweep, I noted that I had 3 things that could be fun to combine, avocado, cucumber and mango! Oh boy, I liked where this was going!
The Avocado Cucumber Salad is Born
I love the idea of creamy avocado paired with crisp, fresh cucumbers and then that touch of sweetness from mango. But what kind of dressing? It would make sense to go with Mexican-inspired flavors, but I wanted to do something different. My mind went to sesame and that’s when the lightbulb struck – sesame-tahini salad dressing! Yes! The perfect salad was made! And now YOU can make it too! Grab the recipe below and enjoy friends!
A flavor combo that works! Creamy avocado pairs perfectly with crispy cucumbers and sweet mango. And a delicious sesame dressing for the win!
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced thin
- 1 ripe champagne mango, thinly sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut lengthwise with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- Whisk tahini, lime zest, lime juice, ginger, soy sauce, honey and seasame oil in a small bowl. Add up 1-2 teaspoons water to thin to desired consistency.
- Arrange avocado, mango and cucumbers on a serving plate. Scatter cilantro over the top and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with sesame seeds and crushed red pepper.
- Dressing can be made up to 2 days in advance. Refrigerate until ready to enjoy. Makes about 1/4 cup dressing.
- Mango, cucumbers and avocado can also be diced if you don’t feel like slicing!
- Category: salad