Avocado Pomegranate Toastettes
Holiday parties are the best!!! Or are they? Hmmmm, as I get older, I’m just not so sure. All of those strategically-placed ingredients on demitasse spoons and fancy mixed drinks served by handle-bar mustache, suspender-wearing bar tenders, leave me exhausted. I don’t want fancy, I want delicious! Don’t you? That’s why I created this simple appetizer for Avocado Pomegranate Toastettes that look pretty and taste great. I’ll leave the drinks and bar tenders up to you!
Festive, Not Pretentious
Here’s the deal, I’d like to think of myself as a down-to-earth midwestern girl. Do I like a fancy party? Oh sure. But you know what I like more? Being comfortable and casual. I find that I can be myself that way, which is way better for everyone. Anyone who’s seen me teetering in high heels can attest to that! To me, there’s nothing better at a party than being relaxed and enjoying really yummy food. Not the fussy food – I don’t need things hiding in bubbles or to have an “experience.” I just want to put a delicious morsel in my mouth and say “yum, that tastes so good!”
Enter Avocado Pomegranate Toastettes
That’s why I made these little beauties! They’re little – the perfect bite! They look beautiful, taste great and are made with nourishing ingredients! You can’t beat that trifecta! So take some stress out of your holiday party and made these little guys. They’re sure to be a hit! And my guess is, your guests will love your no-fuss, no-stress approach to beautiful, festive appetizers!
Wait, There’s More! You Can Sample Them!
Yes, it’s true! I will be at the lululemon store on Southport in Chicago TONIGHT sampling out these little cuties! And guess what!? It’s a whole event! You bet it is! A fun, relaxing, awesome party! Mind Fuel Wellness will be there to start the show and then I’ll be leading a cooking demo and giving you fun tips on how to handle all of those festive holiday drinks! So stop on by and say hello and fill your belly with some good stuff!
The perfect, festive appetizer or snack!
- 24 small, whole grain toast points
- 1 large, ripe avocado, seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- Line up toast points on a baking sheet or serving tray. Set aside.
- Scoop avocado out of skin and into a mixing bowl. Mash avocado gently with a fork then stir in the lime juice and salt.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly across the top of each toast point then garnish with pomegranate arils, toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of olive or avocado oil.
- Don’t have pumpkin seeds? Don’t worry! Substitute with pistachios or sliced almonds!
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 3159
- Sugar: 52
- Sodium: 6303
- Fat: 47
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 35
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 579
- Protein: 96
- Cholesterol: 11