The perfect, festive appetizer or snack!
- 24 small, whole grain toast points
- 1 large, ripe avocado, seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- Line up toast points on a baking sheet or serving tray. Set aside.
- Scoop avocado out of skin and into a mixing bowl. Mash avocado gently with a fork then stir in the lime juice and salt.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly across the top of each toast point then garnish with pomegranate arils, toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of olive or avocado oil.
- Don’t have pumpkin seeds? Don’t worry! Substitute with pistachios or sliced almonds!
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 3159
- Sugar: 52
- Sodium: 6303
- Fat: 47
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 35
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 579
- Protein: 96
- Cholesterol: 11