A simple after school snack that your kids can help you make! These Avocado Watermelon Snacker Crackers are a nutritious way to satisfy any hungry belly.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 medium seedless watermelon
- 1 lime
- kosher salt, as needed
- 16 Simple Mills Original Sprouted Seed Crackers
- 1–2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shell removed and chopped
- For the avocado: Slice avocado in half and remove the seed. Peel the skin away from the flesh and discard. Cut each avocado half into 16 thin slices, then squeeze lime juice over them. (Note – Cut big slices in half to ensure they fit on the crackers.)
- For the watermelon: Cut the watermelon into 1/4-inch slices. Using a small cookie cutter, about 2 inches in size, cut the watermelon into shapes, no bigger than the crackers, you should get about 32 pieces.
- To make the cracker snackers: Place the sliced avocado on crackers, sprinkle lightly with salt. Top with watermelon cutouts then drizzle with honey and garnish with chopped pistachios.
Kid Tip: Have your kids make the watermelon cutouts while you slice the avocado. They can also help with assembling the cracker snackers.
Cooking Tip: Don’t have watermelon? No problem, swap in another melon or fruit of your choice! I like these with cantaloupe or even mango slices!
- Serving Size: 2 crackers