Bacon Kale Peach BBQ Pizza
Looking for a fun way to eat pizza? Well, I’ve got just the pizza for you! It’s loaded with all of the goodness of summer too! Expect plenty of delicious flavor with this Bacon-Kale-Peach BBQ Pizza!
It Started with a Box
My friends at Read Good Stuff Company here in Chicago hooked me UP! They sent me a box of unbelieveable local produce and asked me to make anything I wanted with it. You don’t know how hard it was to create just ONE recipe. Ironically, the recipe I was going to make was a salad…but ultimately, pizza won out.
Pizza is the Best
Here’s why I went with pizza. First of all, my box had a GI-NORMOUS bunch of kale in it. I mean, HUGE. Hence, why I originally wanted to make a salad. But, then I got to thinking…everyone has done kale salad. Then I thought, what about kale pesto. Again, it’s been done. Then…I went to something I love almost as much as tacos…pizza!!! And it just seemed right. Because, you know, pizza is the best!
Then it was just a matter of deciding what else to put on that pizza. Kale, of course, but I loved the idea of a sweet BBQ sauce to hold up to the bitterness of that leafy green. Then it all just fell into place. A little bacon for salinity, a little peach for earthy sweetness and some onion for a bit of savoriness! And yeah, cheese. It makes sense once you eat it, I promise!
Now it’s Your Turn
That’s right. I’ve blabbed enough. AND, I’ve shown you how to make it on my IGTV and YouTube channel! So, you’ve got zero excuses! Have fun, buy a Real Good Farm Box and make a pizza!Print
It’s a flavor combination you might not think of, but you’ll soon love! Get the recipe NOW for this easy Bacon-Kale-Peach BBQ Pizza!
- 1 tablespoon coarse cornmeal
- 1 pound pizza dough, preferably whole wheat*
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small, ripe tomato, diced
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ½ ripe peach, diced
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Place a baking stone or steel in the oven and preheat to 500’F at least 1 hour before making pizza.
- Sprinkle a large square of parchment** with cornmeal. Stretch pizza dough into a 14-inch circle. Cover with barbecue sauce, then top with kale, onion, tomato, jalapeño, peach and bacon. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Transfer pizza to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 8-10 minutes.
*You can substitute with a pre-made crust, but follow package instructions for baking.
**Most parchment paper brands say their product can be used up to 450’F. Since the bake time here is relatively short, your parchment should be okay to use in the heat required in this recipe. If you’re hesitant, just reduce temperature to 450’F and proceed as above.
- Category: Pizza