It’s a flavor combination you might not think of, but you’ll soon love! Get the recipe NOW for this easy Bacon-Kale-Peach BBQ Pizza!
- 1 tablespoon coarse cornmeal
- 1 pound pizza dough, preferably whole wheat*
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small, ripe tomato, diced
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ½ ripe peach, diced
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Place a baking stone or steel in the oven and preheat to 500’F at least 1 hour before making pizza.
- Sprinkle a large square of parchment** with cornmeal. Stretch pizza dough into a 14-inch circle. Cover with barbecue sauce, then top with kale, onion, tomato, jalapeño, peach and bacon. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Transfer pizza to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 8-10 minutes.
*You can substitute with a pre-made crust, but follow package instructions for baking.
**Most parchment paper brands say their product can be used up to 450’F. Since the bake time here is relatively short, your parchment should be okay to use in the heat required in this recipe. If you’re hesitant, just reduce temperature to 450’F and proceed as above.
- Category: Pizza