- 1/2 jalapeño, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 4 cups chopped lettuce (I like romaine)
- 1 3/4 cup black beans (about one 14.5 ounce can)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked sweet corn
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup corn chips or tortilla chips (broken up)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or cojita cheese
Preheat the broiler. Place the jalapeño and garlic clove on a piece of foil and drizzle with oil. Broil, checking after 5 minutes. If jalapeño is sufficiently charred, remove it, along with the garlic from the broiler. If it’s not, leave the jalapeño on the foil, but remove the garlic so that it doesn’t burn. Broil 5 minutes more. Set aside to cool
Divide the lettuce among the bowls, then do the same with the black beans, quinoa, corn, tomatoes and avocado.
Place the charred jalapeño and garlic in a small food processor or container designed for a stick blender, along with the lime juice, yogurt, salt and water. Puree until smooth, adding more water, if needed, to reach desired consistency.
Drizzle dressing over the bowls and garnish with corn chips and cheese.
*If using canned beans, drain and rinse first
- Category: Bowl
Keywords: bowl, baja bowl, dinner idea