These aren’t fancy, but they sure are delicious! Make a big batch of these Baked Spinach Turkey Meatballs to enjoy now and then freeze some to enjoy later!
- ¾ cup plain whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ½ pound Italian turkey sausage
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped white onion
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained of any excess moisture
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara, warmed
- ¾ pound whole wheat spaghetti
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400’F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a large bowl, along with the milk, and stir to combine. Let soak for about 8 to 10 minutes, until breadcrumbs are moistened.
- To the bowl with the breadcrumbs, add the ground turkey and sausage, along with the egg, Italian seasoning, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, cheese and spinach.
- Using lightly oiled hands, shape mixture into 1 ½-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165’F.
- While the meatballs are baking, heat the marinara sauce in a pot set over medium-low heat, stirring often.
- Set a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- Toss cooked spaghetti with half of the warmed marinara sauce and portion into bowls. Top with meatballs and remaining marinara. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Category: Italian