Don’t toss those leftover bananas! Make this Banana Coconut Bundt Cake!
For the Cake:
- butter or shortening, for coating the pan
- all purpose flour, for coating the pan
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick melted butter, cooled
- 2 1/4 cups mashed bananas (about 4–5 bananas)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, roughly chopped + more for garnish
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lite coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325’F. Lightly coat a bundt pan with butter or shortening, then dust with flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until fluffy, about 1 minute. Stir in cooled, melted butter and vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix gently until combined, do not over-mix. Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife or wooden skewer between the cake and the pan to help with releasing the cake. Flip the cake onto a rack and cool completely before glazing.
For the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk the confectioner’s sugar with the coconut milk and vanilla extract. Thin with additional coconut milk if too thick. Drizzle over cooled cake and garnish with extra coconut.
Don’t have coconut milk? No problem, regular milk will work here too!