Do you find yourself running out the door with breakfast? Not anymore with these super easy, delicious and nourishing Banana Oat Breakfast cookies!
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350’F and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana with the back of a fork. Mix in the applesauce, peanut butter, maple syrup, flax seed and chia seed.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir well to combine, then add the oat, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop in large, rounded tablespoons on prepared baking sheet. Flatten a little using your fingers to prevent cookies from getting too puffy while baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Make these cookies gluten free by using gluten free oats
Make these cookies vegan by using vegan-friendly chocolate chips
Swap chocolate chips for chopped, unsweetened dried fruit such as apricots, raisins or mango.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes