Cozy ripe bananas, toasted pecans and semi-sweet chocolate morsels make these Banana Pecan Chocolate Chip Muffins a joyous eating occasion.
- 1 cup lightly scooped whole wheat flour
- ½ cup lightly scooped all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or canola/vegetable oil)
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- turbinado sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425’F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Whisk the egg in the bottom of a medium bowl. Stir in the oil, mashed bananas, sugar and vanilla. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Fill prepared muffin cups three-quarters full with batter. Garnish tops with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Leave muffins in the oven, but turn the heat down to 375’F and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in tin on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Remove from the tin and allow them to finish cooling on the rack before enjoying.
- Category: Breakfast