All of the flavors you love…stuffed in a sweet potato! These BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are the perfect weeknight dinner!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or sliced
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 ears corn, cooked or 1 cup cooked sweet corn
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons + ¼ cup chopped chives or green onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or distilled vinegar)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place in the bottom of a slow cooker that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or on high heat for about 4 hours, or until tender.
- Just before potatoes are done cooking, make the buttermilk dressing. Whisk together the mayo, buttermilk, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, parsley, salt, black pepper and 2 tablespoons chives.
- Heat the BBQ sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Turn heat to low and let cook until heated through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully slice open each potato lengthwise and stuff with chicken mixture. Top with corn, bell pepper, beans, tomatoes, chives and cheese. Drizzle with buttermilk* dressing.
*Want to save time? Swap prepared buttermilk ranch dressing for the homemade version here.