If only boneless, skinless chicken could taste good. It can with this Best Grilled Chicken recipe! This one is a family favorite!
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper, if desired
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally.
- Mince the garlic. Sprinkle with salt, then using the blade of your knife, blend the salt into the garlic and smash until you form a paste*. Transfer to a bowl along with the soy sauce, lime juice, orange juice, honey and crushed red pepper, if you’re using it. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Pour the remaining marinade into a large, resealable bag. Add the chicken to the bag, remove the air from the bag, seal it and then toss to coat chicken in marinade. Place inside a bowl or other container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil the grill grates. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill the chicken, flipping once halfway through cooking time, until internal temperature reaches 165’F, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drizzle chicken with reserved marinade then garnish with sliced green onions and crushed red pepper, if desired.
*Not sure what I’m talking about? Watch me make it on IGTV or YouTube! I’ll show you! 🙂
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 4 hours marinating time
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
Keywords: chicken, dinner, easy recipe, marinade, healthy, boneless skinless chicken, grilled