Blackened Chicken Wraps
To wrap or not to wrap, that is the question.
The answer is, yes, absolutely wrap. Especially when you load that wrap with blackened, grilled chicken, loads of veggies and a special, finger-licking-good sauce!
Wrap Vs. Sandwich
Are you #teamwrap or #teamsandwich? Or perhaps your #teamnofavorites? Most of the time, I’m #teamsandwich, but when it comes to wraps that fill my belly with good flavor and nourishment, I’m #teamwrap all of the way. Is one better than the other? Nah. What matters most is what’s inside!
Here’s the deal, most wraps you buy usually fall into 1 of the following 2 categories. Category 1 wraps tend to suck when it comes to flavor and often make health claims that may or may not be true. That’s bogus. Category 2 wraps are loaded with non-nourishing ingredients and are the nutritional equivalent of a super-size ice cream sundae. That’s also bogus. That’s why I created my own Category, Category Awesome, which are wraps that are all-around amazing in terms of taste and nourishment!
Blackened Chicken Wraps for the Win!
So that leads us to these magnificent wraps! That’s right, you’ll love all of the deliciousness that are these Blackened Chicken Wraps. Flavorful, grilled chicken is topped with all the veggies and a spicy sauce and all rolled up in a whole grain wrap. It’s dreamy and it can be yours! Grab the recipe below and tell me what you think! Better yet, post your version on IG and don’t forget to tag me, @cookinRD!Print
Turn that wrap up a notch! A little spice rub on your chicken makes a difference! See for yourself with these Blackened Chicken Salad Wraps!
For the Rub
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast and/or thighs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
For the Wraps
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas, preferably whole-wheat, warmed
- 4 cups shredded lettuce or cabbage
- 4 large green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Combine all of the spices in a small bowl.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Place on a baking sheet and brush all sides with butter. Pat spice mixture all over chicken.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Clean grill grates then lightly coat with oil. Add chicken and grill 5 minutes, flip, and cook until internal temperature reaches 165’F, another 4 minutes.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and place on warmed tortillas. Top with lettuce, onions and carrots. Drizzle with sauce. Roll up and enjoy!
- Category: Sandwiches