Turn that wrap up a notch! A little spice rub on your chicken makes a difference! See for yourself with these Blackened Chicken Salad Wraps!
For the Rub
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast and/or thighs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
For the Wraps
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas, preferably whole-wheat, warmed
- 4 cups shredded lettuce or cabbage
- 4 large green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Combine all of the spices in a small bowl.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Place on a baking sheet and brush all sides with butter. Pat spice mixture all over chicken.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Clean grill grates then lightly coat with oil. Add chicken and grill 5 minutes, flip, and cook until internal temperature reaches 165’F, another 4 minutes.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and place on warmed tortillas. Top with lettuce, onions and carrots. Drizzle with sauce. Roll up and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sandwiches