Fresh or frozen blueberries are turned into a delicious bar that tastes just like summer!
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or thawed, frozen)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil just over the sides of the pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the oats in the bowl of a food processor and process until it looks like coarse flour, about 10 seconds. Add the flour, ground ginger, brown sugar, salt and baking powder to the oats in the food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter and process until mixture resembles wet sand, about 20-25 seconds. Set 3/4 cup of the mixture aside and press the remaining mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a mixing bowl, combine the blueberries, honey, cornstarch and lemon zest and toss to combine. Spoon mixture evenly over the baked crust then sprinkle the top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until top is golden. Cool completely before slicing.
- This bars will slice nicely if allowed to set up in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 16
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 40
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 11