Because every good cupcake deserves icing made with candy bars! Candy Bar Cupcakes!
For the cupcakes:
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) all purpose flour (or half AP and half white whole wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk (I like whole or 2%), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (101 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
For the frosting:
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch Kosher salt
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped candy bar of your choice!
for the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350’F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In separate, smaller bowl, combine the milk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter on high speed until creamy and smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl, for about 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, beat well. Add 1/3 of the milk mixture and beat well. Repeat the process with remaining flour and milk.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack. Cool completely before icing.
For the frosting:
- In large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the confectioner’s sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add the vanilla and salt. Then add the milk as needed to achieve desired consistency. Mix in the candy pieces.
- Frost cupcakes and then top with any extra candy pieces.
To warm up eggs quickly, set them in a bowl of warm water!