Chickpea Artichoke Salad
You can do a lot of cool stuff with chickpeas. Which is great, because I personally love their meaty texture and neutral flavor. My new infatuation is turning them into a sort of mash or “salad.” It makes for a satisfying meal that can be enjoyed in so many ways! Introducing, my Chickpea Artichoke Salad!
Mashing up some chickpeas and throwing in some stuff with it is not only fun, but it’s delicious! I’m digging this plant-based salad because it can be made in so many different, yummy ways. If you haven’t tried it yet, then let my Chickpea Artichoke Salad be your introduction!
FLAVOR YOUR SALAD
A bowl of mashed chickpeas is not good. Don’t let anyone tell you that it is. Nope. But a bowl of mashed chickpeas tossed with tahini, lemon, olives and artichokes is SURELY yummy! See? Just a few flavorful additions make boring chickpeas ahhhhh-mazing! And once you try my version, I know you’ll be super pumped about making your own!
EAT THIS CHICKPEA ARTICHOKE SALAD
Now it’s time to grab that can of chickpeas and get to work! And I use the word “work” very loosely here because all you have to do is mash and stir! And if you feel like being creative, go for it! When you make this yummy salad, be sure to snap a pic and show me your fabulous success story! Share it on Instagram and tag me (@cookinRD) so that I can send you a virtual hug! Because we’re friends like that!Print
Your world just got better with this plant-based, veggie-ful Chickpea Artichoke Salad!
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4–5 pitted green olives, chopped
- ½ cup canned quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup lightly packed flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 cracked black pepper
For the sandwiches
- 1 each baguette, preferably whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup baby lettuce or microgreens
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Mash the chickpeas with a fork in a large bowl. Add the tahini, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, green olives, artichoke hearts, parsley, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Split and toast the baguette. Drizzle cut sides with olive oil. Distribute chickpea salad even among bottom halves of bread and top with lettuce and feta cheese. Cover with the top slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sandwich
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @COOKINRD on Instagram!