Banana bread made better! Whole wheat flour and mini chocolate chips make this a snack that everyone will love.
- 2 ripe medium bananas (236g)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup lightly scooped whole wheat flour (150g)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (75g)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (3g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (7g)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder (5g)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (1g)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350’F and coat an 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the peeled bananas in a large bowl and mash the bananas with a fork. Add the oil, egg, milk, vanilla extract and sugar to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to the egg mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and then pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes, then remove it and slice.
- Makes 1 loaf.
- Calories: 1669
- Sugar: 93
- Sodium: 3148
- Fat: 61
- Saturated Fat: 13
- Unsaturated Fat: 46
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 255
- Protein: 31
- Cholesterol: 190