Chocolate Dipped Brownies
I sometimes don’t know how to leave well enough alone. I mean, what’s wrong with a brownie? Why do I need to mess with it? Because I’m me and that’s just what I do. Afterall, what could be so bad about a Chocolate Dipped Brownie? The answer? Nothing. Not. A. Thing.
It Started with a Brownie.
Of course it did! How else would I decide to dip a brownie in chocolate without the brownie? But the brownie had to be special. It had to not be super sweet, it couldn’t be too thick and it certainly needed to be a bit fudgy, but not overly fudgey, know what I mean? Luckily, I had just the recipe (it’s below!)
Then it was all about the Chocolate.
Of course it was! Because what else would I dip my brownie in? So yes, chocolate was the next problem that needed solving. Should I make a ganache? Should I make frosting? After some serious thought (way more thinking than was necessary), I decided to not make things difficult (hilarious!) and just go with melted, dark chocolate. The rule though here, ONLY good chocolate. Please! Don’t do your brownies a disservice by dipping them in subpar chocolate. That would be incredibly sad.
Then it was time to make the DREAM come true!
The dream was to make something cute for Valentine’s day. Yes, I know that’s super cliche, but it’s the truth. So I grabbed my little heart cookie cutter and had a blast. Little brownie hearts are pretty darn cute. After a little time in the freezer, it was time to dip. And let me say, that was pretty fun too! Lots of chocolate later, I had chocolate hearts. But I needed sprinkles. So yep, I added those too! Now it’s your turn!Print
Chocolate Dipped Brownies
- Yield: 22 heart-dipped brownies 1x
Show your favorite people you love them by making them these adorable Chocolate Dipped Brownies!
For the brownies
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
For chocolate dipping
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- sprinkles, as needed
To make the brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 350’F and coat a quarter sheet pan with butter/pan spray or shortening then line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Stream in the melted butter and whisk to combine. Stir in the vanilla extract and eggs. Add the flour and stir until just mixed.
- Spread batter into prepared pan (an off-set spatula helps as batter will be thick) and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours. Remove from the fridge and cut out hearts using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter.
To Dip the Brownies
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at medium heat for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Cook another minute at meadium heat for 1 minute. Stir again. Continue the process, this time in 15 second increments, until chocolate is melted.
- Carefully dip brownies, one at a time, in melted chocolate and place on a wire rack. Dust immediately with sprinkles of your choice. Repeat with remaining brownies.
- Category: Dessert