Update your summer salad with THIS Cilantro-Mint Quinoa Salad. Fresh herbs and hearty quinoa make for a satisfying dish everyone wil love.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon + tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ jalapeño, stem removed
- ½ + ¼ cup fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- ½ cup fresh mint, divided
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
Place quinoa and 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt, reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered for about 15 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid. Spread out on a sheet pan to cool.
Meanwhile, place the jalapeño on a small piece of foil and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Broil until lightly browned in spots, about 6 minutes.
Transfer jalapeño to a blender or small food processor, along with ½ cup cilantro and ¼ cup mint and pulse a few times to “chop.” Add the yogurt and lime juice and puree until smooth (add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if having trouble blending).
Place the cooled quinoa in a large bowl. Add the almonds, chickpeas, cucumber, onion and remaining cilantro and cucumber. Add the dressing and stir to combine.