If you think a veggie-forward meal isn’t filling and delicious, then you haven’t tried this Coconut Spinach Chickpea Bowl.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, sliced ½-inch thick
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can low-fat coconut milk
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pot set over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots, and cook, stirring often until veggies are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook an additional 3 minutes, or until liquid has cooked off. Stir in the garlic, ginger and spices and cook one minute. Next add the tomato paste, stirring and cooking, 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk and then chickpeas. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the lime juice and garnish with cilantro.