Cranberry Pecan Granola
It’s been awhile since I made granola. And for some reason Fall always inspires me to get back to making it. Something about the warm, cozy smell it has while baking makes it feel like autumn is finally here. This Cranberry Pecan Granola certainly celebrates the season with lots of toasty pecans and sweet-tart cranberries. It’s an easy recipe to make and an easy recipe to love!
I Don’t Have the Time!
I totally get it. Time is definitely something we all wish we had more of and I feel the same way. And there are plenty of really awesome granolas available at the store. But instead of thinking of this as just another thing to make, think of it as an experience. Sound goofy? Maybe, but once you treat it as such, you may find making it was 100% worth the time.
The Cranberry Pecan Granola Experience
Okay, so work with me here. What I mean is that we all rush through so many parts of our day. We rush to get ready for work or school, we rush to get assignments in to our teachers and bosses, we rush to get dinner on the table. So much rushing, how are we ever to really enjoy anything? That’s where this granola comes in…treat the process as something enjoyable. It’s not complicated, so you won’t feel stressed. Relax, turn on some good tunes and just get mixing. I promise if you change the way you feel about cooking, you’ll enjoy it so much more!
Enjoy Cooking All of the Time!
No, it’s not possible to ALWAYS enjoy cooking. I understand that too. But why not make a few items each week with the word “experience” in mind? Use cooking as a stress-reducer, a fun way to relax after a long day or as a way to enjoy time with the people you love in the kitchen. You don’t have to enjoy it all of the time, but try to enjoy it MOST of the time! 🙂 Try it out with this Cranberry Pecan Granola!Print
Buying granola is easy, but so is making granola. And this Cranberry Pecan Granola makes for a super delicious breakfast or snack!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons canola, avocado, coconut oil (or any mild-flavored oil)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 325’F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. (I like to use my jelly roll pan.)
- Take 1 cup of oats and blitz for a few seconds in a small food processor. Process until no large oats remain and almost resemble flour.
- Add the remaining oats along with the nuts, cinnamon, salt and flax seeds to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the vanilla, oil and honey. Pour over the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, making sure oat mixture is well coated. Add the egg white and stir again to combine.
- Spread the oat mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer and bake about 25-30 minutes or until golden, rotating pan once halfway through baking time.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, break into clumps and add cranberries.
- Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Category: breakfast