Buying granola is easy, but so is making granola. And this Cranberry Pecan Granola makes for a super delicious breakfast or snack!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons canola, avocado, coconut oil (or any mild-flavored oil)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 325’F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. (I like to use my jelly roll pan.)
- Take 1 cup of oats and blitz for a few seconds in a small food processor. Process until no large oats remain and almost resemble flour.
- Add the remaining oats along with the nuts, cinnamon, salt and flax seeds to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the vanilla, oil and honey. Pour over the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, making sure oat mixture is well coated. Add the egg white and stir again to combine.
- Spread the oat mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer and bake about 25-30 minutes or until golden, rotating pan once halfway through baking time.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, break into clumps and add cranberries.
- Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
- Category: breakfast