Break-apart, chunky deliciousness! This Crunchy Chunky Granola is a totally satisfying snack or makes for a brilliant breakfast!
- 3 cups + 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, divided
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, divided
- 1 ¼ cup nuts, chopped (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons canola, avocado, coconut oil (or any mild-flavored oil)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup (or combination)
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1/3 cup dried fruit, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325’F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. (I like to use my jelly roll pan.)
- Take ½ cup of oats, 1 Tbsp flax and ¼ cup pumpkin seeds and pulse for a few seconds in a small food processor, until almost a flour consistency. Transfer to a large mixing bowl then add the remaining oats along with the seeds, nuts and saltl and stir to combine.
- Heat the vanilla, oil and honey in a microwave-safe measuring cup for 30 seconds at medium heat. Stir then pour over the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, making sure oat mixture is well coated. Add the egg white and stir again to combine.
- Spread the oat mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer and bake about 25-30 minutes or until golden, rotating pan once halfway through baking time. If using coconut, add during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove granola from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, break into clumps and add any dried fruit.
Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.