Easy Mini Strawberry Pies
Maybe you don’t like making pie. That’s okay. It’s not for everyone, BUT this pie is for everyone! Introducing my Easy Mini Strawberry Pies!
Not Totally Pie
First and foremost, this is 100% NOT a true pie recipe. So if you’re looking for a pie recipe, this will definitely not be it. But, if you’re looking for something sweet that uses fresh fruit and yummy pie crust, well, you’ve found it! Consider it all of the makings of a pie, but in a deconstructed form.
Mini Strawberry Pies for Everyone
Not totally a pie indeed, but I promise the whole family will love them. And, you can get everyone involved in the “making” process. Because what kid doesn’t love using cookie cutters and a rolling pin? Or whipped cream? 🙂 And they are truly for everyone because, like most of my recipes, I think you should modify them! Don’t like strawberries? Then pick another fruit that you do love. Don’t love whipped cream? Substitute with yogurt or better yet, ice cream! See, you can do a lot of stuff here.
Shortcuts to Make Pies Fast
There are plenty of shortcuts you can take with this recipe, which is awesome. First off, buy the dough. It won’t be as good, but it will save you some time. BUT, I have included my dough recipe below if you want to make it yourself! Second, skip the egg wash. It’s not necessary, it just gives the crust a little shine and helps the sugar stay put. But 100% skippable. Third, buy the whipped cream. Again, not as delicious maybe, but if you’re strapped for time, just buy it.
Now YOU Make it!
Okay, now it’s your turn. I can’t wait to see what you create! Be sure to tag me on social media so I can sing your praises! And if you want to watch me make it, click this link to see me in action on IGTV! Want more dessert? No problem, try my Blueberry Crumble Bars!Print
When life hands you a bunch of strawberries, you eat them! Or you can turn them into these super easy, yummy Mini Strawberry Pies! Kid-friendly!
- 1 (9-inch) prepared pie dough*
- 1 large egg white
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
**Special notes: Make sure bowl and whisk or whisk attachment on mixer are VERY cold. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes before using.
You’ll need a 2 to 3-inch round cutter, a sheet pan and a piece of parchment**
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ¼-inch to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut into rounds using a 2 to 3-inch round cutter and place on prepared pan. Re-roll excess dough and repeat the process or use scraps for something else.
- Whisk the egg white with 1 teaspoon water. Brush tops (not the sides) lightly with the egg mixture then sprinkle tops using 1 tablespoon of the granulated sugar. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven and prepare the strawberries. Stir the sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover and set aside.
- Remove sheet pan from the fridge and bake cutouts for 10 minutes, keeping your eye on them towards the end of cooking time, and rotating the pan halfway through cooking time. Move to a wire rack to cool.
- Make the whipped cream. Place the cream, vanilla and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in the bottom of cold bowl. Whisk until firm peaks form. (Hand mixer can be used to make the job easier). Firm peaks occur when cream holds firmly when whisk is lifted out of bowl.
- To assemble: Place 1 round in the bottom of a small bowl, top with strawberries and whipped cream. Place another round on top.
You can purchase pre-made whipped cream if you don’t feel like making it.
Link to my Best Whole Grain Pie Crust.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: pie, mini pie, strawberries