When life hands you a bunch of strawberries, you eat them! Or you can turn them into these super easy, yummy Mini Strawberry Pies! Kid-friendly!
- 1 (9-inch) prepared pie dough*
- 1 large egg white
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
**Special notes: Make sure bowl and whisk or whisk attachment on mixer are VERY cold. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes before using.
You’ll need a 2 to 3-inch round cutter, a sheet pan and a piece of parchment**
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ¼-inch to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut into rounds using a 2 to 3-inch round cutter and place on prepared pan. Re-roll excess dough and repeat the process or use scraps for something else.
- Whisk the egg white with 1 teaspoon water. Brush tops (not the sides) lightly with the egg mixture then sprinkle tops using 1 tablespoon of the granulated sugar. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven and prepare the strawberries. Stir the sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover and set aside.
- Remove sheet pan from the fridge and bake cutouts for 10 minutes, keeping your eye on them towards the end of cooking time, and rotating the pan halfway through cooking time. Move to a wire rack to cool.
- Make the whipped cream. Place the cream, vanilla and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in the bottom of cold bowl. Whisk until firm peaks form. (Hand mixer can be used to make the job easier). Firm peaks occur when cream holds firmly when whisk is lifted out of bowl.
- To assemble: Place 1 round in the bottom of a small bowl, top with strawberries and whipped cream. Place another round on top.
You can purchase pre-made whipped cream if you don’t feel like making it.
Link to my Best Whole Grain Pie Crust.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: pie, mini pie, strawberries