Extra peaches need a home and these Peach Crumb Bars are it! Easy to make and easier to eat!
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon gorund ginger
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 2 heaping cups sliced, ripe peaches (skin on or off)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar or 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil just over the sides of the pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Place 1/2 cup oats in the bowl of a food processor and process until it looks like coarse flour, about 10 seconds. Add the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger to the oats in the food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter and process until mixture resembles wet sand, about 20-25 seconds. Set 3/4 cup of the mixture aside and press the remaining mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a mixing bowl, combine the peaches, sugar and cornstarch and toss to combine. Spoon mixture evenly over the baked crust then stir the remaining 1/4 cup oats into the reserved crumble and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is goldent, about 35 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.