Crispy, full of flavor and super duper fresh! These Ginger Pork Lettuce Wraps are the perfect weeknight dinner solution.
- ¾ pound lean ground pork
- 2 large scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 sweet bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 recipe Pickled Carrots (below)
- 8 large lettuce leaves (bibb, for example)
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat and add the pork. Cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain any excess fat. Add the scallions and bell pepper and cook until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the mustard, garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute more. Remove skillet from the heat and add the lime juice, hot sauce and soy sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
- Portion pork among lettuce leaves and top with Pickled Carrots. Roll up and enjoy!
2 medium carrots, peeled
¼ cup water
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Slice carrots paper thin. (Hint – use a mandolin or food processor to make this task easier.) Set aside.
2. Add the water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a pint-size jar and stir to combine. Add the carrots and push down to submerge under the liquid. Cover with a lid and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: lettuce wraps, gluten-free, dinner idea, 20 minutes or less