Take your pizza to the next level by GRILLING it! These Grilled Cabot Cheddar BBQ Bacon Pizzas are fantastically easy to make and are the perfect summer meal!
For the Pizza:
- 2 whole wheat naan
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup grated Cabot Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- Quick Pickled Red Onions (make in advance, recipe below)
- crushed red pepper, as desired
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Clean and lightly oil the grates.
- Grill naan, bubbly side down for 2 minutes. Flip and top naan with barbecue sauce, spinach, bell pepper, tomato and cheese. Close the lid and cook 3 minutes. Give the pizza a quarter turn and cook an additional 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and cut into pieces. Top with bacon, pickled onions and crushed red pepper, if desired.
Quick Pickled Red Onions
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Place onions in a bowl, cover with boiling water, let sit for 30 seconds, then drain water. In the bottom of a 1-pint mason jar, stir together the vinegar, water, sugar and salt until dissolved. Add the drained onions and using a spoon, press down to cover them in liquid. Cool to room temperature before refrigerating. Can be made 1-2 days in advance.
- Category: pizza