Homemade pumpkin pie just tastes better. Make this one from scratch in just a few easy steps using my homemade pie dough recipe.
- 1 recipe Best Whole Grain Pie Crust
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 12 fluid ounce can evaporated milk
- Preheat the oven to 425’F.
- Roll out the pie dough and place in an 8 or 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, salt and eggs. Gradually whisk in the evaporated and stir until thoroughly mixed. Pour mixture into empty pie shell and carefully transfer to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes then decrease the temperature to 350’F and cover the crust edges with aluminum foil and bake an additional 40-45 minutes.
- Build pie on a cookie sheet to allow for an easy and clean transfer to the oven.
- Heres the link to the Best Whole Grain Pie Crust recipe: https://www.sarahaasrdn.com/best-whole-grain-pie-crust/
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 340
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 60