Put a refreshing twist on your turmeric latte by adding a little lemongrass! Interested? I thought so, try this simple Lemongrass Turmeric Latte recipe! @cookinRD | sarahaasrdn.com
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated fresh turmeric or 1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2–1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass, 1-2 outer stalks removed
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the turmeric, coconut milk, almond milk and sugar. Set aside.
- Rinse, chop and lightly pound the lemongrass. Add it to the saucepan and then set the pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Strain solids and serve warm in a mug.
Optional: whisk the latte for 1 minute to add a little froth.
While you can certainly use ground turmeric, fresh turmeric tastes best in this recipe.