Looking for a fun, new way to enjoy pizza? Try this Mediterranean Pizza which starts with a layer of hummus and gets topped with tons of fresh veggies, feta cheese and olives!
- 1 pound whole wheat pizza dough
- 1/4 cup plain hummus
- 1 1/2 cups spiralized zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 10 kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425’F and move a rack to the bottom of the oven. If you have a pizza stone, place it on the rack.
- While oven is preheating, prepare the pizza. Place a large sheet of parchment paper on an un-rimmed baking sheet and dust lightly with cornmeal. Shape dough into a 12-inch circle (I use my hands for this, but you could also roll it out.) and place on the parchment paper.
- Spread the hummus over the pizza dough then top with the spiralized squash, red onions, olives, sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top and dust with Italian seasoning.
- Transfer pizza to the oven using the baking sheet. Carefully slide the pizza and parchment from the baking sheet onto the baking stone. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven using the same baking sheet or a large cutting board. Slice and serve.
Brush crust with a little olive oil before baking.