Mini Peach Galette
I’m not done with peaches yet, and you shouldn’t be done with them either! There’s still a wee bit more time to enjoy them! And when you’ve got a few extra, make this Mini Peach Galette!
I like small things. Little dogs, little forks, tiny notebooks! They’re so cute! Mini desserts are no exception to my love of small things. The tininess of them just makes my heart melt. Plus, I love that they’re small enough to either be one serving or just a few servings. That means dessert perfection in my mind.
Mini Peach Galette
Enter the mini peach galette. It’s literally the same thing as a full-size glaette, just smaller. Perfect for a little family like ours to enjoy. And may I recommend adding a small scoop of vanilla ice cream? It’s pure peach perfection!
Don’t Fear the Dough
Before you make this yourself, I want to tell you something. DON’T FEAR THE DOUGH! I know store-bought pie dough is easy, but it’s just not as good. Make this mini-sized dough and you’ll be rewarded greatly. My advice? Don’t over-think it and don’t over-work it. If you do those two things, you’ll have much success! Now go find some peaches and get into the kitchen!
Sometimes you just need a mini dessert. This Mini Peach Galette fits the bill!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons cold, salted butter, diced
- 2–3 tablespoons ice water
- 4 peaches, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, if desired
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, if desired
- Pulse flour and salt together in a small food processor. Add the butter and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand. Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until dough starts to come together. Pour mixture out onto a lightly floured work surface. Gather together into a ball and shape into a flattened disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Place the peaches in a mixing bowl along with the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cornstarch. Stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 400’F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured work surface. Roll out into a 12-inch circle. (FYI don’t stress over the precise shape, this is a rustic dessert!) Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Pour the peach mixture into the center of the dough, leaving a 2 ½ to 3-inch border. Fold edges up around the peach mixture, leaving peaches visible in the middle. Brush edges with cream then dust with sugar, if desired.
- Bake until peaches are golden and crust is lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Substitute fresh peaches with 3 cups of either canned (in their own juices) or frozen peaches. Thaw frozen peaches and drain before using. Drain canned peaches before using.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: dessert