Sometimes you just need a mini dessert. This Mini Peach Galette fits the bill!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons cold, salted butter, diced
- 2–3 tablespoons ice water
- 4 peaches, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, if desired
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, if desired
- Pulse flour and salt together in a small food processor. Add the butter and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand. Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until dough starts to come together. Pour mixture out onto a lightly floured work surface. Gather together into a ball and shape into a flattened disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Place the peaches in a mixing bowl along with the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cornstarch. Stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 400’F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured work surface. Roll out into a 12-inch circle. (FYI don’t stress over the precise shape, this is a rustic dessert!) Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Pour the peach mixture into the center of the dough, leaving a 2 ½ to 3-inch border. Fold edges up around the peach mixture, leaving peaches visible in the middle. Brush edges with cream then dust with sugar, if desired.
- Bake until peaches are golden and crust is lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Substitute fresh peaches with 3 cups of either canned (in their own juices) or frozen peaches. Thaw frozen peaches and drain before using. Drain canned peaches before using.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: dessert